Real Estate Agents are busy. SUPER BUSY. We are always looking for ways to save time. Marketing for your real estate business is one of the most time-consuming aspects of this business. And it can be the most expensive. Hiring professional marketing services costs thousands of dollars. So how can we save money and time, and still give our Real Estate business the exposure it needs?
Are you struggling to come up with social media posts that are appealing and eye catching? Is your marketing stale, boring or plain? Do you run out of time and find you aren’t marketing your services and properties enough?
The first step in upping your marketing game is creating unique and eye-catching content. How do we do that?
There are a lot of great DIY design tools out there to help with your Marketing Portfolio, but today let’s talk about the graphic design program, Canva.
Canva is a web based graphic design program that you can use to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents and other marketing materials. They have an easy-to-use app too!
Using a design program like Canva will help you create a beautiful, professional and cohesive image.
Here are some of the content you can create with Canva:
· Listing Videos
· Social Media Posts
· Social Media Stories
· Listing Videos
· AND SO MUCH MORE!
Canva offers Free Accounts, but I recommend using their premium features so you have access to more stock photos and graphics for your Marketing. It is totally worth the investment.
If you’re just getting started, you should try Etsy for some pre-made marketing templates. They are affordable, and once you purchase them, you can easily customize them and use them over and over again. Etsy templates are also a great option if you’re not super creative or don’t like the design process. Templates are a huge time saver too! Just fill in your information, and save/post/print.
Etsy has a large Real Estate Template marketplace, and you can use these pre-made designs to get started with Canva. Here is a link to a store to get you started: https://www.etsy.com/shop/cleartoclose
There are also some great websites that offer real estate templates with a subscription service. These are great, because you don’t have to think about them. I personally don’t like subscriptions because I have too many to manage as it is, but some people find these very convenient.
So how do you get started?
1. Find some templates on Canva or Etsy that you like and that fit with your business.
2. Pick a color scheme. Are you at the beach? Located in the city? What colors are you currently using and how can you incorporate these into your new designs? You can save your favorite fonts and color scheme in your Canva settings so you can access it easily every time you create a new design.
3. Design a logo. This will be used throughout your marketing, so it is important to make it clear, unique and visually appealing.
4. Pick your fonts that you’ll use in your designs. I recommend no more than 2 or 3 different fonts. Be sure to save these in your Canva settings.
5. Once you’ve got your color scheme, fonts and logo, use these throughout your Marketing. It is so important to keep your marketing cohesive, meaning your marketing images look similar and follow the same style and color scheme. This is a great way to help brand your business and make sure you stand out among your competition.
6. Print/Post/Save. Canva allows you to print designs within the Canva platform, or save them to use and print elsewhere.
It is so easy to get started with Canva, and there are so many options within the program. Need additional help? There are a lot of great tutorials on YouTube to help you learn Canva and its design platform.
For more information about Canva and other Marketing Platforms, be sure to subscribe to my blog at: htps://www.cleartoclosedesigns.com/blog